Visitors to Vermont Villager

Sunday, November 21, 2010

FUN IN THE SUN!

 CANCUN!  What a great time of the year to travel to the coast!  This is obviously their low season and I felt like we had most of the beach to ourselves.  The Water was sooooo warm, and the sun was out every day!  We stayed in the hotel district and I'm happy to share my experiences with anyone who is interested!!    I feel like this picture captures the beach the best.
The seas were very active while we were there and getting in and out of the ocean was a workout, but well worth it.

Here's my hubby catching a few zzzzzz's on the lounger.
We spent a day on Isle Mujeras and learned about the giant sea turtles and their struggle for survival.  This poor little guy couldn't make it past the giant surf and that makes him a great target for pelicans and other prey. So the life guard offered to put him back in the ocean at night when the surf is lower and he's less of a target.

 This is the view from our veranda, and I'm missing it already!!

Can't wait to make another trip back to the warm weather and ocean, but for now, I have to tough it out in the freezing temps of beautiful New England. 
Adios Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment