Visitors to Vermont Villager

Monday, November 8, 2010

**BLEEP** My MOM Says 2

from one of my sisters (sorry to whomever I accidentally deleted).......

We took my mother to an interactive dinner theater show called Finnegan's Wake. People write a short (hopefully) eulogy about Finnegan and then a lucky leprechaun calls you up to read your eulogy in front of the whole crowd. We sat halfway to the back of the room - stage left.

Announcer (large leprechaun) stands up and says "I'm having trouble reading the name here.........."
Mom yells, that's me....
I say "No, mom your name's not Doris"
Mom yells again, "that's me...." and makes her way through the crowd.
I say "No, mom not you............"   but she doesn't listen
gets to the front, rips the paper rudely from the large leprechaun's hand and stares at it for a few seconds and steps up to the microphone and says,

  "Oh, this is not me!! "


Leprechaun mouths the words    " W T F"

Thanks Ronnie - great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment