Visitors to Vermont Villager

Monday, October 4, 2010

STONEWALL KITCHEN

 STONEWALL KITCHEN!
YOU KNOW IT BABY!


In September, my husband and I spent an overnight at a lovely B&B in Kennebunkport ME. The Captain Jefferd's Inn. It's located in the center of the town. It was our Anniversary Celebration and everything was lovely. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the food and service was outstanding and the room made us feel right at home!

On the ride back we drove through York, ME and stumbled across The Stonewall Kitchen Company Store and Cooking School.

I just couldn't resist and hour later, and a few bucks shorter, I left the store with some very heavy bags dreaming of the food I would make with all the sauces, mixes and jams I carried out!

Also, I signed up for a cooking class while my husband is traveling (http://VTBeemer.blogspot.com). I took my best friend, Adele and we learned what Welsh Rarebit was all about. This class was wonderful. It was like Dinner Theater. The food they make is served to you as they cook it in front of you. So you get a wonderful hot dinner, and all the recipes and instructions to go home and make the same.

A high note is that  Stonewall Kitchen doesn't spend all night pushing their products on you. I think they used one jar of sauce on the Spice Cake they made for dessert!

All in all, wonderful day in ME, good times with my best friend and a bit of shopping damage at the Kittery Outlets.

On the ride home, Adele's Daughters called and texted to fill us in on their day(s). I think it was Morgan who said something about "...trouble.. ". We just couldn't let it go..... Reply
"define trouble"
reply
"you and aunt Julie . . . .Trouble"

What can I say? I've known these kids my whole life, I guess they didn't miss much!

Adele and I laughed the whole ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment